Selecting the “best” e-commerce website builder largely depends on your specific requirements, budget, technical skill level, and the type of business you’re running. However, some of the most popular and highly-regarded e-commerce website builders 2024 are:
- Shopify: Known for its ease of use, Shopify is an excellent choice for beginners and small to medium-sized businesses. It offers a range of customisable templates, a user-friendly interface and a robust set of features, including integrated payment processing, SEO tools and a vast app marketplace.
- WooCommerce: This is a free WordPress plugin that turns a WordPress site into a fully functional e-commerce store. It is highly customisable and suitable for those already familiar with WordPress. WooCommerce is ideal for businesses that want extensive customisation and control over their online store.
- BigCommerce: BigCommerce is known for its comprehensive set of built-in features and scalability. It is a good option for both small businesses and large enterprises. It offers a variety of themes, robust product management tools, and multi-channel selling across social media and other platforms.
- Wix: Wix is a user-friendly website builder with strong e-commerce capabilities. It’s a good choice for small businesses and individuals who want to set up an online store quickly and easily. Wix offers a range of templates, drag-and-drop functionality, and basic e-commerce features.
- Squarespace: Known for its stunning design templates, Squarespace is ideal for creatives and small business owners who prioritise aesthetics. It offers a simple interface, beautiful templates and all the essential features needed to start and grow an online store.
- Magento: Ideal for larger enterprises or businesses with ambitious scaling plans, Magento is a powerful platform with a steep learning curve. It offers extensive customisation, robust functionality and a strong set of features for those who have the resources to manage it.
- Weebly: Owned by Square, Weebly is another user-friendly option with drag-and-drop functionality. It’s best suited for small businesses or individual entrepreneurs looking for a simple, no-frills approach to online selling.
- Webflow: E-commerce is a visually-focused website builder that allows designers to create custom online stores without coding, featuring integrated CMS, responsive designs, and customisable checkout and shopping cart functionalities. A future winner in the making!
Each of these platforms has its strengths and limitations, and the right choice for you will depend on factors such as your technical expertise, the size and needs of your business, your budget and the level of customisation you require. It’s advisable to thoroughly research and possibly test a few platforms through free trials to determine the best fit for your e-commerce needs.